Wednesday, March 10, 2010
I wanted to move to Wordpress because everyone else is doing it! JUST kidding! I like Wordpress. There's so much you can do with it. (like have pages, use plug ins and widgets, etc) There is a bit of a learning curve, but I have been playing around with it for about a week or so. I haven't gotten everything set up the way I want to yet. It is a work in process. My blog design is not finished yet, but it will look awesome when it is!
I really hope I don't lose any followers with this move. I have feedburner and email subscriptions on the new blog and will soon have my Google Friend Connect as well. I hope you all stick with me!
My new blog address is www.sarahruthtoday.com.
As well as the move, I am hoping to implement a new schedule for my blog. Hopefully my posting won't be so few and far in between.
Be sure to check out my new home and let me know what you think!
Saturday, March 6, 2010
This is me. Honest.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
So here goes!
2. Slept under the stars – Nope. I have been camping but never slept under the stars. It’s probably very pretty
3. Played in a band - 5th & 6th grade band!
4. Visited Hawaii- I would LOVE to!
5. Watched a meteor shower
9. Held a praying mantis – Eww.
10. Sang a solo – Several times!
11. Bungee jumped – NO way!!
12. Visited Paris – I dream of the day!
13. Watched a lightning storm – Only from the INSIDE. I’m terrified of thunder!
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - Which one!?! LOL!
15. Adopted a child - Not yet.
16. Had food poisoning – Ugh, don't remind me!
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – Haven't been to NYC yet.
18. Grown your own vegetables – Maybe someday
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – I hope someday!
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight – I HAVE been to a sleepover. And I have a SISTER! LOL!
22. Hitch hiked – No way!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – Guilty!
24. Built a snow fort – Never had enough snow!
25. Held a lamb – I actually HAVE! When we did our Easter play!
26. Gone skinny dipping – Sure!
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice – Not yet!
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run – I don't do sports.
32. Been on a cruise – YES! Can't wait to go again!!
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors- I would love to go to Ireland!
36. Taught yourself a new language- I want to learn French!
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – I wish I could say yes..but is there ever ENOUGH???
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing – Um... NO!
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke – Not often but I have
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
46. Been transported in an ambulance – Yes. For a sprained ankle. Not by choice!
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain - Yes
53. Played in the mud – I wouldn't even touch grass when I was a baby!
54. Gone to a drive-in theater – Yup! Waiting for warmer weather so I can go again!
55. Been in a movie – No
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business- Yes. Working on another one!
58. Taken a martial arts class - does watching from the side count?!
59. Visited Russia – No, but it would be cool!
60. Served at a soup kitchen – Nashville Homeless Shelter!
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – And I still buy them! LOL!
62. Gone whale watching – I would hate to sign up and not see whales..and they tell you that’s totally a possibility!
63. Got flowers for no reason – Yes. My husband is amazing. (even though we were still dating at the time!)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – I am fully against my blood being taken from me!
65. Gone sky diving – NEVER
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – I still have "Big Doggie"
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar – YUM!
72. Pieced a quilt - Only by association! My sister, mom & both grandmothers have all made quilts!
73. Stood in Times Square – Maybe sometime this next year!
74. Toured the Everglades
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London – Not yet, but I'm going to London in 2012!
77. Broken a bone – My leg, when I climbed out of my crib!
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle – They Terrify me!
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book – That would be awesome!
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car – I will NEVER buy a brand new car. Only Pre-owned!
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper – not that I know of.
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House - We drove by!
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – No way and never will
88. Had chickenpox – Yup!
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury - ALMOST!
91. Met someone famous – Lots of christian and country singers! I'm from NASHVILLE!!!
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo – too much of a wuss!
94. Had a baby – Waiting for another year.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit – nope
98. Owned a cell phone – I feel lost with out it!
99. Been stung by a bee – It was a wasp. I was scared to death because my dad is allergic to them and we didn't know if I was or not!
Sunday, February 28, 2010
I really have a hard time getting up in the mornings, so that is something I have to work on. (With GOD'S help!)
Back to my point. I'm a week into this study. In the front of the book it tells about everything you're supposed to learn from the book. It's really all about getting life in order. Being organized, keeping housework done, bills paid, etc. Basically becoming the ultimate Super Wife!! But it starts with your daily walk with God. Starting first thing in the morning. This has also been a struggle of mine. Remember I have trouble getting up in the morning! So waking up enough to really focus on God and getting to know Him better hasn't happened a lot in my life. I'm not perfect and I don't read, much less study, my Bible every day like I want to. And when I do, it's RARELY in the morning. Which was a big reason I wanted to do this study. And I'll be honest. It didn't happen every day this week. The few days that I DID do my quiet time in the morning - I had a MUCH better day than I have in a while! I felt refreshed, motivated, and energetic! Better than any energy drink could make me feel!
I saw something the other day that kinda made me think of that feeling.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Today we are having date night. My sweet hubby is taking me out to dinner and to see a movie. I am really hoping we get to see Dear John, as hubby DID promise to take me to see it! Hehe. I have loved every Nicholas Sparks movie so far. And as you know from my previous post, I am reading his book "The Last Song" which has also been made into a movie. (Can't WAIT!)
Anyways. My husband rocks because he is still dating me! *Happiness*
Thursday, February 25, 2010
I just started reading Theta Mom's blog. I'm not a mom myself yet, but I plan to be! So I'm reading mom blogs, preparing myself. Theta Mom has "Time Out for Theta Mom Thursday". You basically take one hour for yourself in a month and then on the last thursday of the month, you post about it. Since I just saw this, I am going to take my one hour today! I plan on going to get some awesome coffee, take my book with me (I'm reading The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks), and sit by myself and read. I don't read NEARLY as much as I would like to. I have stacks of books that I want/need to read but I just don't take the time! Maybe I should have a certain day a week set aside just for reading.
What will you do for YOUR one hour?
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
I just finished reading "Going Overboard: The Misadventures of a Military Wife" by Sarah Smiley. She tells about her experiences, and short comings, during her husband's sudden deployment. I think this book was good for me. It helped me understand a little more what its like. How it will be when my husband is 7000+ miles away for 12 months!
Every day is one day closer to the day he leaves. Every day is one day closer to the day that half my heart will be seperated from me. Every day is precious to me because I am dreading that day. I don't even know when THAT DAY is! They have told us what month. But it could be any day that month.
We have to start packing our apartment up. I am moving back to Nashville so I don't feel COMPLETELY alone for a year. I want to have the majority of our things packed up, because I will be moving after he deploys. Meaning I will be an emotional WRECK! I am NOT looking forward to that. IT WILL SUCK! Nevertheless, we are packing. (I AM looking forward to getting out of this crappy apartment!) We also have to pack the stuff he is taking with him. I think it has to ship out sometime next month. EEK! HOW do you pack for a YEAR!?! That is so overwhelming to me. They have given him a list of things to pack, but how do you pack stuff other than your military gear for twelve months?! I just don't know.
This is what I am going through. My daily thoughts. I lay in bed at night thinking about tons of things. Not able to go to sleep. It is so frustrating. How am I going to be able to sleep when he is not in the bed with me?
Monday, February 22, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
Just leave me a comment here or email me and tell me what you ordered and that it is for Kelly's fundraiser. Thanks so much! Spread the word too!
Thursday, February 18, 2010
See, my dad goes to Mardi Gras every year with a group of guys for street witnessing. So that is our girls weekend. So my amazing hubby decided that he would pick up some extra shifts at Outback (so he'd have something to do!) so I could spend the weekend with my mom and sister. But he didn't forget about me! On Saturday he had flowers sent to my mom's house for me. Five red roses and one purple rose. (Since purple is my fave color) It was so awesome. (I got mine a couple of hours after my mom got roses sent from my dad!!)
On Sunday, after hubby got off work and I got back from Nashville, we went to Olive Garden for dinner. Which was OH SO AMAZING!! (Seriously try the new Four Cheese Stuffed Pansotti with Chicken!) After our fabulous dinner, we headed to the movie theater to see "Valentine's Day". I really wanted to see it! I am so glad hubby agreed to see it because it was awesome! So much better than I thought it would be. If you haven't seen it, I'm not going to give anything away. If you have seen it, then you should understand why Julia Roberts' character was my favorite. (If you don't understand why, ask me!)
When we got home, this is what we saw:
I had gotten the banner and the balloon with the teddy bear to weigh it down for the Valentine's Day themed scrapbooking day my mom, sister and I had with some friends on Saturday. Part of our girls weekend. I brought them back home before I went to Olive Garden to meet hubby. I hadn't seen his gifts for me though! He also got me Sarah Palin's new book that I've been begging for! YAY! So excited to read that! I got hubby a giant red heart pen (He uses giant pens to take orders at Outback!) and some chocolate. I didn't get him anything else, because he is getting a Zune for his birthday! His birthday was last week, but I just ordered the Zune. LOL! He knew he was getting it. That was he can have tons of music while he's deployed.
So that was our Valentine's Day. I think it was pretty awesome! What did you do for Valentine's Day?