Sunday, November 22, 2009

Trying a New Recipe

Usually Matthew and I will head down to Nashville on Saturday or Sunday to spend the weekend with my family and go to our church. Then we either go out to eat or my mom fixes lunch. But sometimes, like today, we are trying to save gas and money. So we are staying in town, going to a friend's church, and I'm making lunch.

I wanted to make something easy. That made me think "CrockPot!" My mom always used to make our sunday lunch in the CrockPot and by the time we got home from church, lunch was pretty much ready to go! She usually makes roast with her's, but I didn't have a roast. I looked in my cabinet. What do I have? I have tons of canned food. I noticed 2 cans of cream of chicken soup. I've never made anything with that. So I went to my favorite recipe website   and looked around. I looked at chicken recipes, slow cooker recipes, etc. Then I searched for cream of chicken soup. After looking through all the creamed chicken recipes and the sour cream chicken recipes (which some of those looked REALLY yummy!!) I finally found THE recipe.

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings.

Now, what is the best part of this recipe? Matthew's FAVORITE meal is chicken and dumplings. :) I didn't have everything I needed. It doesn't call for much, just 5 ingredients and a slow cooker. I had 3 ingredients. The great thing about Matthew working his second job at Outback is that he always calls when he leaves work and asks me if he needs to stop and get anything. So I texted him my list of a few things I needed to fix lunch.

I got up early (for me anyways!). Got my CrockPot out. This is the first time I've used it since I moved here! I put my chicken in, 2 tablespoons of butter, 1 onion diced, and my 2 cans of cream of chicken soup. CrockPot set on High. When we get home from church I will check it, put the torn up pieces of biscuit dough in (that's the dumplings part. I'm using Grands biscuits), and then 30 mins later we will eat!

Matthew was so excited when he realized that I was making Chicken and Dumplings. I told him almost a year ago that I would make it for him. I'm finally getting around to that! I hope he likes it. I will post again about the results!

Much Love,

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm that sounds so good. Please let us know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I am always looking for slow cooker recipes! Cant wait to see how it turns out =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE my crock pot and probably use it at least once a week. If you'd like recipes, just let me know! I have a meatloaf and killer chili recipe I use all the time.

    BTW - Nashville was my stomping grounds when I was in HS/College (I'm from a small town southeast of it) and I'm there every summer!

    ReplyDelete