Friday, April 24, 2009

I love my Nashville!

After all the years I have lived in Nashville TN.... Music City USA.... the CAPITAL of not only country music, but Christian music.... (Which is the majority of what I listen to) This was the FIRST time I got to go to the Dove Awards. Not only did I get to go, but it was the 40th Annual Dove Awards! And MAN was it awesome! Hannah got to go last year, but she this one was 10 times better.

Ironically, I also got to go to 2 other GMA Week events! Granted, they were both because Matthew wanted to go, but I had a great time. The first one was a listening party for the christian metal band Stryper. Matthew has been a fan of Stryper since he was like 13. (Maybe younger) And this was the first time he got to meet the lead singer, Michael Sweet. He was so excited.



Then on Tuesday, we (we being me, Matthew, and our friend Rachel) went to BB Kings for the Doc & Pony Show. They did a showcase of new and old artists. Some of them being: Life Out Loud, Soul Sister Sally (formed by former Casting Crowns drummer Andy Williams and his wife), Devyn (AWESOME), Joy Lippard, Manic Drive, Ashley Cleveland, and Michael Sweet & Oz Fox from Stryper. Plus more.



So, yeah. It was awesome. This time Matthew got to meet Oz Fox. He was thrilled.



All in all, it was a fun week! I tried to take pics at the Dove Awards, but they didn't turn out too great. Gotta love the balcony! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Awww I love Nashville too...and I miss it. I'm glad that you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete