Thursday, December 4, 2008

News

I keep wanting to update my blog, but every time I think about it, I’m at work, and I can’t really do it. Well, I’m at work now. On hold. With United Airlines. AGAIN! LOL! So I decided to start writing my blog. I may not post it yet, but I’m at least going to email it to myself so I will have it.

I’m pretty sure that not many people read my blog. But I know that some of my REAL friends do! Hehe. I mean, let’s face it. If you’re not subscribed to my blog, then you’re not my real friend…..Right?

JUST KIDDING!

So for those of you who actually do read my non-blog, let me just tell you some of what’s been going on in the life of me.

First of all, I’m having a small Christmas party on Saturday. WOOHOO! I’m so excited. We invited a few people from church, a few from Hannah’s work, one of my friends at work and her friend, and then a few random friends that aren’t church or work friends. LOL. Of course, some of the other people I wanted to invite, like my BEST friends, are ions away, so they can’t come. (Yes Jen, I know I’m writing humongously long sentences.)

Anyways. It’s going to be a potluck type thing. We’re going to be playing “Dirty Santa”, but I asked everyone to bring a nice gift. I don’t want anyone to end up with a crap gift. I’ve been there. Not so much fun! I have little gift bags for everyone to take home. There’s not much in them, just a few little things. I have a “Yule Log” dvd that we’re going to play some during the party. It has a fireplace and you can hear the crackling sounds. It will also play Christmas music at the same time. I’m excited. I bought some awesome cookie cutters to use. One set is from Williams Sonoma and they are shaped like ornaments. The other set is called “ABC Cookies” (For “Already Been Chewed”) hehe. They look like gingerbread men, but one has no head, one has a missing arm, and the other has a missing leg. SOOOO cute! I’m really excited.

Let’s see, what else…..

OH! We put our Christmas lights up last night! ‘We’ being my roomie Amanda and I. We had SO much fun!! I mean, we were so hyper. It was hilarious. We have icicle lights hanging on our awning over the door, colored lights around the sliding door to Amanda’s room, snowflake lights in our ‘garden’ on the patio, lights shaped like Santa next to the snowflake lights, and more lights on the bricks around the ‘garden’. It’s so pretty!! We also put up my 3 ft tall tree and decorated it. We officially have FOUR Christmas trees. One in the living room that is 6 ½ feet, one in the kitchen that is 6 ½ feet, the 3 ft tree in the kitchen on the hutch, and a 6 inch tall tree in the bathroom. If I had one for every room, I would do it! I was going to put the 3 ft tree in my room, but I don’t really have a good place for it. Oh well. I love Christmas!

Other news….Hmm….

OH! Just the BEST part!

I have a boyfriend now. This is the first boyfriend I’ve had in over 3 years. Crazy. He’s the sweetest guy. He pays attention to details, what I say, etc. His name is Matthew. He’s 34 years old. He’s in the Army. He joined the Marines when he was 18, and was in for 8 ½ years. Then he transferred to the Army and has been in for 8 years. He has a 10 year old daughter named Callie. I haven’t met her yet, but I’ve seen her picture and talked to her on the phone. She’s a cutie patootie. He also claims his ex wife’s two older daughters, Kristin (16) and Carey (14). According to him, they think I’m really pretty.

We met online. (I know. Big surprise, right!) We started talking online on Nov 9th. On Nov 11th we talked on the phone for the first time. We talked for hours. On Nov 14th, we had our first date. It was a group date with my roommate Amanda, her boyfriend (and my cousin) Eric, and my sister Hannah. It was fun. I felt more comfortable with them being there, since it was the first time I was meeting him. We all had fun. We went to Olive Garden for dinner. Matthew had everyone cracking up. He’s so funny. Then we went to see the new Bond movie, “Quantum of Solace”. He didn’t really want to see it, but he knew I did, so we saw that. (GREAT movie, by the way!!)

Our next date was just the two of us. On Nov 19th, he was supposed to meet me at my house at 5:30pm, to give me time to get home from work and change clothes. Well, at 5pm he sent me a text message asking what I was doing. Long story short, he got to Nashville at 4:30pm (an HOUR early) and went to a florist. When he walked in my house he had a purple rose, with purple baby’s breath, purple tissue paper, and a purple ribbon. WOW! I was blown away. He also had 3 Billy Gilman cds for me, because he knew I wanted them.

He's gone to church with me once. He's going to church with me this weekend, and next weekend. He believes all the same things I do. There's so much I could say about him, but it would take too long. And like I said at the beginning of this post, I'm at work.

2 comments:

  1. That is a really long post for someone who claims they can't write much because they are at work. :)

    I am so jealous of your four Christmas trees! In the bathroom..? Is that really necessary? Ha ha. We have NO Christmas tree but I am hoping to change that this weekend.

    I would really love to read more about your boyfriend. Take some pictures and post them so that I can see them too!

    I love you! I am officially going to Terra Nova and I can't wait to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog. No matter how often you update it. I love you, but I don't know how much it means since I have discovered I'm insane now.

    ReplyDelete